Book Summaries and Action Items
Adds a button to book pages on Amazon, Goodreads, and Hardcover that asks OpenAI to generate a short summary and action items for a given book.
How to Use
This mod adds buttons to Hardcover, Goodreads, and Amazon that asks OpenAI to generate summaries and key takeaways from the book with just a click!
- Create a PixieBrix account. It's free and only takes a minute!
Activate the Mod
- Activate this mod by clicking this link or by clicking the purple Activate button in the top corner above the gif ^^.
- No need to configure an OpenAI integration— you can use ours! (Unless you'd like to configure you're own.)
- Click the purple 🪄 Finish Activating button.
Need help? Head over to the Slack community or shoot an email to Pixie Britt.
Try it Out
- After you've activated the mod by following the instructions above, you're ready! Head to your favorite book discovery site. This mod support Hardcover, Goodreads, and Amazon Books... if you have another, let us know in the Slack Community!)
- Click the Get Summary button that appears on the page. Here's where to find it across the three platforms:
- A few moments later (up to 30 seconds), a sidebar panel appears giving you a summary of the book with 5 key takeaways and action items!
- It's taking a while to load. Hey, it's still faster than reading the whole book! But seriously, this takes some time because the AI is really analyzing the book and creating action items for you! Although a second in internet time is an eternity, most responses are returned within 30 seconds.
This is just the beginning! Once you activate your mod, the possibilities are endless. With PixieBrix, you can customize any mod to meet your needs or even build something entirely new. If you run into any trouble, need friendly support, or want to share your creations with the world, join our PixieBrix Slack Community.
Shout out to Paul AI for the prompt idea!