Translate text, display it in the sidebar, copy to clipboard
How to Use
Highlight text and quickly translate it to any language!
Activate the Mod
- Activate this mod. If you aren't logged into PixieBrix or need to create an account, you'll be prompted to do so before continuing the activation flow for this mod.
- Choose the default language you'd like to translate text to. Don't worry - you can change this by reactivating the mod, and you can also select another language each time you run the mod if you want something else.
- Our Built-in RapidAPI configuration is set by default, so there are no integrations to configure.
- Click the purple Finish Activating button at the bottom of the sidebar panel.
- Optional: Configure the keyboard shortcut for toggling your PixieBrix Quick Bar. By default, it will be
CMD/Ctrl + M, but you can change it to something else if desired.
Try it Out
- Go to a webpage with the text you want to translate. Feel free to use our blog post if you're drawing a blank!. Select some text, open the PixieBrix Quick Bar menu, and select the Translate Language action. (Or, right-click the selected text and select the Translate Language action from the PixieBrix context menu.)
- A sidebar panel appears with the selected text translated to the default target language you set up when configuring the mod, but also a dropdown for choosing another language if you prefer. Select a language and watch the text transform from the current to the new one.
This is just the beginning! Once you activate your mod, the possibilities are endless. With PixieBrix, you can customize any mod to meet your needs or even build something entirely new. If you run into any trouble, need friendly support, or want to share your creations with the world, join our PixieBrix Slack Community.