How to Use
Introducing your very own writing assistant, available on Chrome for convenient access wherever you write!
✅ Write for your target audience
✅ Check your text against brand guidelines
✅ Quickly shorten text and check for typos
- Copy this Google Sheet to your Google Drive, and adjust the information inside with your own preferences. For example, change the names of your audiences and describe them. You can also update the Description for
Apply Brand Guidelinesto describe your brand voice.
Activate the Mod
- Activate this mod by clicking this link or by clicking the purple Activate button in the top corner above the gif ^^. (If you're new to PixieBrix, you'll be guided through creating an account and installing the Chrome Extension.)
- Select the Google Sheet you created in the PreReqs. Make sure you sign into the same Google account that you're currently signed into in your Chrome Browser!
- By default, you can use our built in OpenAI integration, but if you want to use your own, feel free to configure it!
Try it Out
- Select some text on the page. You can select this text below! (Triple-click to select the whole thing!)
After a frantic and stressful day at work, Jennifer arrived at home only to realized she had left her keys at the office, necessitating her to call a locksmith to having her door unlocked and entered in order to reclaim access to her cozy and welcoming abode, where she could finally relax, kick off her high-heeled shoes, and indulging in a much-deserved glass of fine, red wine.
- Now open the Side Bar. You can do this in three different ways. Choose your favorite!
a) Click the PixieBrix icon at the top right of your browser Can't find it? Try this.
b) right-click anywhere on the webpage and selecting the ✏️ Write Assist text, or
CMD/Ctrl + Mto open the Quick Bar, and select the ✏️ Write Assist action.
- The Side Bar shows your selected text, a dropdown with audiences, and some actions you can perform!
- We'll leave the target audience as it is, but let's ask it to shorten the text and check its Grammar. We'll check the
Shortenoptions. When you're ready, click the blue Go button.
- The Write Assist runs the text to ChatGPT and returns an improved version based on your criteria. You can copy the text to your clipboard or enter a reply to improve the text further, such as asking it to be shorter or longer or anything else you need!