Capture any idea in a Trello Brain Inbox
Use a keyboard shortcut to trigger a quick form that saves a link and/or note to a list in Trello.
How to Use
Use a keyboard shortcut to quickly capture an idea or link and save it to a Trello inbox!
- GTD (Getting Things Done) enthusiasts
- Capturing ideas and todos without task switching to another app
- Quick Bar Action
- Show a modal or sidebar form
- New card on Trello
- Make sure you have a PixieBrix account! (It's free.)
- Create a Trello integration. (Read the docs for info on setting up a Trello integration with PixieBrix.)
- Configure your keyboard shortcut for toggling the Quick Bar.
- Create a list in any Trello board to use as your
Inbox, a central home for sorting out added items to their proper places once a week (or however often you'd like). Here's an example:
After logging in to PixieBrix, activate this . If you're not logged into PixieBrix or have not previously created a PixieBrix account, you'll be prompted to do so before continuing the activation flow for this .
From the configuration page, you'll need to set up: your Trello integration, if you haven't already. Follow these instructions for creating a Trello integration.
- Add the
idof your Inbox list in Trello where you'd like the newly created cards to appear. Follow these instructions for finding a Trello list's ID.
- Once you've configured the integration and added an id, click Activate and you're good to go!
Try it Out
Go to any webpage. Feel free to try it out on this post about 11 Trello Extensions Made with PixieBrix. Use your configured Quick Bar keyboard shortcut to toggl the Quick Bar and search for Capture Idea then select the quick bar action.
Type your to do or idea into the form that appears. If you are interested in saving the link of the current page you're on, keep the box checked. Otherwise, you can uncheck it and the card description will be empty.
Click submit and you'll see a new card in Trello with your idea, and a link in the description (if you left the box checked!)
This is just the beginning! Once you activate your , the possibilities are endless. With PixieBrix, you can customize any to meet your needs or even build something entirely new. If you have trouble, need some friendly support, or want to share your creations with the world, join our PixieBrix Slack Community.
Nov. 2, 2022
March 14, 2023