Zapier is a massively popular tool for creating simple trigger-based automations. With thousands of integrations, why would you seek out alternatives?
Well, while Zapier is a hugely valuable tool, there are limitations to what you can achieve with it. For one, you’re limited to the preset recipes called “Zaps”. If you want functionality beyond those Zaps, you’re in a bind. Also, the functionality of Zapier is limited to the interfaces of the apps it supports. You can’t customize or automate your entire working experience, just that part of it.
If you’re looking for Zapier alternatives, here are six options that can help you take your productivity to the next level.
PixieBrix is a browser automation tool that allows you to scrape, customize, and automate any page on the internet — not just specific apps as in the case of Zapier. With PixieBrix’s templated “bricks,” you can quickly eliminate busywork and optimize your use of common tools and websites. But PixieBrix also allows you to build completely custom solutions to suit your workflow no matter where on the internet it takes you. From personal productivity to organization-wide optimization, PixieBrix can tackle it all.
- Enhance pages with new UX elements like panels, buttons, and menu items. All with a native look and feel.
- Integrate applications that lack an API or app store, including enterprise intranet applications.
- Eliminate copy+paste and automate cross-application workflows with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) features.
- PixieBrix comes with a wide array of built-ins, from data tables, to clipboard support, to OAuth2 authentication.
- The browser extension is available open-source on GitHub under the Affero GNU General Public Licence v3.
PixieBrix’s pricing includes a free tier with unlimited personal extensions. But the power is really unlocked for teams in the pro and business tiers.
PixieBrix can be used for free and ramps up to an extremely reasonable $30 per user per month on the business plan. Of course, they offer flexible Enterprise pricing as well.
Automate.io is all about integrating your most-used apps to speed up your workflows — a lot like Zapier. But while Zapier is focused on simple trigger-response automations, Automate.io allows you to take integrations a step further. You can tie multiple integrations together to optimize and automate entire workflows, instead of just tiny actions.
- Thousands of automation templates allow you to quickly jump in and integrate commonly-used apps.
- The app is no-code, allowing non-technical users to take control of their integrations.
- The interface uses drag and drop functionality to make it easy to map workflows and route data between apps.
- Shared folders help you collaborate on integrations with your teammates.
Automate.io has a lot of different plan tiers. You can start on a free plan and work your way up to $39/month as an individual user. Once you want more than one team member, you’ll need at least the $79/month growth plan.
Unito is a workflow management platform that focuses on deep, two-way integrations between popular software tools. That “two-way” piece really sets it apart from Zapier. If you want something in one app to trigger an action in another, Zapier is great. But if you want information to flow between two apps—like, for example, your project management tool and that of your agency or client—you might need dozens of Zaps, but only one Unito workflow.
- Bidirectional syncing, ensuring information flows back and forth across tools
- Customizable rules, allowing you to really set up your flows to suit your specific use case
- Field mappings that guarantee the information you want always lands in the right place
- Comment and custom field syncing so you can stay on top of feedback cycles and work the way your want
Unito’s really built for collaboration so their $10/month starter personal plan actually comes with three active users. Of course they have team, company, and enterprise plans to scale with you as you grow.
Tray.io is a low-code automation tool that offers 600+ pre-built connectors so you can get things up and running really quickly. It’s main focus is enabling enterprise companies, so features aren’t heavily focused on personal usage.
- Connect any SaaS app that has a REST API to Tray’s universal connector
- Trigger automations with forms, webhooks, emails, and more
- The opportunity to build your workflows using code or a visual click-based creator
- Enterprise security and compliance enabling robust governance of your integrations
Tray.io is really focused on the enterprise, so their plans start at $1,000 per month for professional tier and jump up to $2,000 the next tier up for team plans.
Workato is another enterprise-focused solution that enables both software integration and automation. Compared to Zapier it offers deeper customizability and more team-oriented functionality, like security features, data integration, and more.
- Workato offers 1000+ SaaS integrations representing 500,000+ ready-to-use recipes
- Integrates with on-premise tools and legacy software systems as well as your common cloud tools
- Keeps your tools secure and compliant with SOC2 and GDPR coverage
Workato doesn’t publicly share its pricing.
HubSpot Operations Hub
HubSpot Operations Hub is a powerful alternative to Zapier with one clear downside: all of the integrations it supports are between HubSpot and a secondary tool. This seriously limits its range. But, if you are a HubSpot user, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better solution for cross-tool automation.
- HubSpot Operations Hub supports custom field mapping and custom properties
- The tool has built in reporting dashboards and custom reporting options so you can keep track of all of your operations efforts
- Also support two-way integrations, enabling collaboration with teams not in your CRM
HubSpot Operations Hub pricing
Pricing for this HubSpot functionality runs the gamut, starting at $45 per month and building up to $2,000 per month at the Enterprise level. Of course, if you’re already using HubSpot, you might consider this cost simply doubling down on an existing investment.
Choosing the right Zapier alternative for you
Ultimately, if you’re not finding what you need with Zapier, there are a number of excellent solutions out there to fill in the gaps. We’ve provided a small glimpse at the features on offer for some of these alternatives, but it’s important you dive into their websites and maybe even request a demo to find the right solution for you.
Of course, we’re biased. If you’re an individual or business user looking to automate away busywork and increase you and your team’s productivity, PixieBrix is a fast, comprehensive solution that lives right in your browser of choice.